Monday, June 30, 2008

Yummy!

This is a recipe I tried tonight and it was so yummy! Instead of the salsa/oil&vinegar dressing it calls for, I used Brianna's Chipotle Cheddar Dressing which is so good if you haven't had it. I also crushed tortilla chips and sprinkled those along with cheddar cheese on top!


Salsa Sirloin Salad

1 to 1 ½ lbs beef top sirloin steak
(Chili powder, garlic salt)
1 bag mixed salad greens
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 large tomato, diced
(¼ c salsa, ¼ c oil & vinegar salad drsng)

Sprinkle both sides of steak with chili powder and garlic salt. Cook steak in non-stick skillet on medium heat 5 min per side, or until desired doneness. Carve steak into thin strips. Combine salad greens, black beans, salsa and salad dressing in large bowl. Divide evenly on 4-6 plates. Top each with steak strips and tomato.

10 comments:

Sandel said...

That sounds great!!!!! I need to find new ways to cook a cow, so that helps. Hope you all are having a great summer.

Lacy said...

You are a true blogger...featuring food pics and preperation!!!!Whoo hoo!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you stopped by! That sounds delicious! That cake was adorable too!

shauna maness said...

HILLARY!!

i just found your blog sweet sister!! i hope all is well... your boys are sooo handsome!! Cade has grown sooo much!! i'll be home in a few days- maybe i'll get to hug your neck!!

Kim and Scott said...

What a chef! I am impressed. I will have to try that one. Yummm!

shauna maness said...

i would LOVE to shoot your sweet boys... send me your email address and i will tell you how to get on my little calendar!!
shaunamaness@gmail.com

Sada said...

wow! Looks fabulous!!! I love posted receipes -- keep them coming! I miss you xoxox

ko said...

yummy!!!!

Jennifer said...

MMM...sounds delish! I need you to email me a copy of your sloppy joes you were telling me about. I am in desperate need of some new recipes and I know you have some!

Carrie said...

This sounds amazing! I love new recipes! Thanks for sharing!