Rock N' Roll San Antonio
Lacy and I ran our first 1/2 marathon. If you asked me a year ago if I thought I could run 13 miles, I would have looked at you like you were CRAZY! However, it is possible! I have so much respect for the runners who ran the full...26.2 miles! WOW!!! We have been training for quite some time now, and we did it! I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength!
Checking in and getting our numbers!
Mile 8. Five more to go!
We did it!
Weekend #2
Family Life Presents


Weekend to Remember is a marriage conference put on by Family Life. Jason and I had an amazing time! The conference was at Hyatt Hill Country which is such a great place. I am so thankful for the gift God gave me. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I will strive to apply what I have learned and treat him like God intended! Brother Stevens did our wedding ceremony and the following scripture is one that he used which I love. This weekend really made me focus on the question...Will you choose to become the woman God designed you to be? Not only for my husband but my children as well!
Her Children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:28-30
If you have thought about going to one of these conferences, GO! It truly is a life changing experience that I will treasure forever.
The lobby of the hotel smelled like a bowl of icing! They were constructing a Gingerbread Village while we were there. Check it out!


5 comments:
I am so glad that you and Jason had a great time. You deserve it! I hope that Scott and I can go to one of the marriage conferences in the near future. I can't wait to talk to you about it more. Love ya!
Dearest Hill,
Congratulations! I admire the way you want to honor God is all things - with your body, your time, your discipline, and in your marriage. You're a blessing a role model to me, my sweet cousin. I miss you all so much.
I am so proud of us!! I am so glad the marriage retreat was great for you. I am so glad we have so much to share. We ae very luck girls. Lets keep up the hard work...running and marriage. Thanks for your support, I couldn't have done it with out you.
Oh my...the word verification had the word mentor in it!!! Thats crazy....your definatly my mentor!!!
Hey girl!! I'm so glad you went to the marriage conference. We really need to do that too. I've heard from many that it is wonderful. You and Jason are beautiful and have a wonderful family. I know you guys will always be a family to look up to as great role models.
I miss you girl -- can't wait to see you at bunco!!
Post a Comment